Corn & Potato Chowder
- 2 cups peeled, diced Yukon Gold potatoes (about two pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-oz package frozen diced onion, red & green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- 1 11-oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 10-3/4-oz can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
Bring potatoes and water to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cover. Cook potatoes 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir in frozen vegetables and chopped yellow onion. Saute onion mixture six to eight minutes or until tender.
Add two cups milk, next six ingredients, and potatoes to Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives or green onions if desired.